HLT33115 – Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Assisting in nursing work in acute care) reflects the role of a variety of workers who use a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge to provide assistance to health professional staff for the care of clients. Health services assistance involves the worker in direct client contact under supervision.
Below are the career outcomes for HLT33115 – Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Assisting in nursing work in acute care)
- Assistant in Nursing
- Nursing Assistant
- Nursing Support Worker
- Patient Service Attendant
- Patient Support Assistant
- Patient Care Assistant
- Making beds
- Helping patients open or eat their food
- Moving patient from their bed to a chair and back again
- Assisting patients that need to go to the toilet
- Taking vital stats and reporting to RN or EN
- Maintaining equipment
- Ensuring the environment is safe
For a more detailed job description of expected work tasks in these job roles, click here.
More information on obtaining these, please see our FAQ’s
Entry requirements for HLT33115 – Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Assisting in nursing work in acute care) are
- Good understanding of English
- School certificate or equivalent (Grade 10)
- 18 years of age
- Must have a valid USI
- Reading and Writing Skills (L) – ACSF level 3
- Oral Communication skills (L) – ACSF level 3/4
- Numeracy and Mathematics skills (N) – ACSF level 3
Total number of units = 13
7 core units plus
6 elective units, of which:
All electives from Group B must be chosen for acute care specialty.
if not listed below, up to 2 units from any endorsed Training Package or accredited course – these units must be relevant to the work outcome
Below is the course outline for HLT33115 – Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Assisting in nursing work in acute care)
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
CHCCCS002 Assist with movement
CHCCCS020 Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with
HLTAIN001 Assist with nursing care in an acute care environment
HLTAIN002 Provide non-client contact support in an acute care environment
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
CHCCCS026 Transport Individuals
CHCCCS015 Provide Individualised Support
Note: Electives listed are what is usually offered by Care Education, however, if these are not suitable for your target or current work then alternative electives are available. The list of alternative electives can be found at http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CHC33115.The option for choosing alternative electives will be taken on a case by case basis as Care Education may not have the resources or staff available to train in your chosen unit. Please contact us directly if you would like to make changes.
For more information on how to organise your work placement, please see our FAQs
Blended delivery – Combination of face to face and distance education (Sydney only)
Below are the fee details for HLT33115 – Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Assisting in nursing work in acute care)
$1600 if paid up front
- Please note that Care Education and Training services will not accept more than $1500 in prepaid fees from students. Therefore students who pay $1500 up front will be covered under our payment schedule agreement policy , however they will not be required to pay an installment fee.
$1650 if paid in installments (see course fee installment and payment schedule agreement policies in our Forms and Policies page for more information)
Please see administration fee table under policies and procedures for any additional administration fees that may be applicable to your study.
- Well written and easy to follow resources
- Air conditioned class rooms
- Practical sessions conducted in a simulated working environment using equipment associated with an Aged Care facility.
- Trainers who care very much about your studies and about you!
- Other Certificate IV level programs from HLT Training Package
- Diploma level programs from the HLT Training Package