CLIENT GRIEVANCES AND APPEALS
If you have a complaint about us, our staff, other learners or a third party working on our behalf, Care Education has a formal and informal complaints and appeals policy which ensures a fair and transparent process for handling your complaint.
- In the first instance, clients are encouraged to address their complaint to the trainer/assessor, course coordinator or the Directors of the company.
- A formal complaint can be made in writing by using a ‘customer complaint form’ which is available from the front office or at the request of your trainer. Alternatively, the online form located in the contact us section of this website.
- All complaints will be referred to the Directors and resolved within 28 days
- The complainant will be given a written statement of outcomes
- Appeals are referred to an independent person or panel.
For continuous improvement purposes, Care Education keeps a register of all complaints and feedback received.
If you are dissatisfied with Care Education complaints process and feel that you haven’t been given a fair hearing, the next step is to contact the relevant state registering body.
Course fees must be received at least 7 days prior to course commencement. All courses are GST free. If an organisation is paying fees on the participant’s behalf, then the details should be provided to us in writing, prior to course commencement. Care Education & Training Services accepts cash, bank transfer, EFTPOS, MasterCard or Visa.
In certain cases, course fees can be made as installments. To secure your place on the course, a deposit of 40% of the course fee is payable at least 7 days prior to course commencement. The remaining 60% must be settled within an agreed time frame after course commencement.
Student fees may be waived or a concession offered for some government funded programs in the event that financial hardship can be substantiated by the participant. Documentation of hardship must be provided to Care Education at least 7 days prior to course commencement.
Each course cost listed is inclusive of a non-refundable $90 enrolment fee. See the Cancellation policy for further details.
Care Education will not request that any student pay in advance more than $1500 in course fees. If the overall cost of a course is more than $1500 to complete then the course installment fee policy will apply. Students who pay up to the $1500 will not be charged an installation fee.
Please note that unless otherwise specified course duration is maximum of 12 months. An extension is possible if a request is made before the 12 months from commencement.
In some cases, a request will incur an administrative charge as outlined below:
|Administration Fees||$ FEE|
|Late payment penalties for customers who do not pay fees on time
See Course Fee Installment Policy
|2% late fee charge|
|RPL application fee and RPL fee by unit of competency||$100 enrolment fee
$80 per unit
|Re-assessment fees available to customers who are deemed not yet competent on completion of training and assessment after re-submit and re-sit options.|| $80 per unit or
$299 for a half day one-on one assessment
|Re-enrolment fee for customers whose time for submission of work has passed and they wish to extend the length of the course||$100 non-refundable re-enrolment|
|Fee for issuing a replacement qualification testamur||$50|
|Fee for processing withdrawals and cancellations
See Cancellation Policy
|Fee for processing course variations (for online enrolments)||$49|
|Fee for replacement textbook or full suite of learning and assessment materials
See Learning Assessment Resource Policy
- If you cancel within the week leading up to the commencement of training then you will be entitled to a refund of course fees minus the $90 enrolment fee and $90 cancellation fee.
- If we cancel a course you are entitled to a full refund including the enrolment fee. There are no administration charges.
- If you cancel more than a week before the commencement of training then you will be entitled to a full refund of course fees minus the $90 enrolment fee.
- Where a cancellation occurs after the commencement of training you will not be entitled to a full refund. The refund amount will be calculated based on the scheduled timetable at the time of cancellation. In the case of distance learning students these dates will be based on the previously agreed upon training plan. Students will be charged a $90 enrolment fee and $90 cancellation fee and $90 per unit where the start date of the unit is prior to the date of the notification in writing of the cancellation.
- We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for changes to your work commitments or personal circumstances. The following are NOT considered special circumstances:
- Change in work hours or shifts on the day
- Inconvenience of travel or travel issues on the day .
- Family illness or family commitments on the day
- However, if we feel that you would be unreasonably disadvantaged if not granted a refund – for example, you have met with a serious misadventure, serious illness or illness in the immediate family and you are unable to start or continue the course, then a refund may be considered.
The final decision on refunds is at the discretion of the management.
In cases where a student is unable to pay their course fee in total before a course starts, Care Education may offer the option of paying off this fee in installments. A deposit of 40% of the course fee is payable at least 7 days prior to course commencement. The remaining 60% must be settled within an agreed timeframe after course commencement. A course fee installment plan will be negotiated with the student and a copy provided to the student on commencement of training.
By signing the agreement, course participants who choose to pay by installments agree to honour the Care Education payment plan and understand that:
- All installments must be paid on or before the due date;
- Care Education reserves the right to suspend access to the course in the event that a participant fails to pay any part of the course fees as and when it falls due for payment;
- A fee of 2% will be charged when installments are late.
- In the event that a participant requests or fails to advise of a course cancellation, the balance of the course fees will be paid in full or continue to be paid under the agreed payment plan schedule; and
- Care Education will not issue a Statement of Attainment/s until course fees are paid in full.
Care Education provides trainees with one set of learning resources to support the units contained in their qualification. It is the trainee’s responsibility to cover the cost of replacing any or all learning resources that are lost or damaged by them during the term of their training.
Care Education will provide assistance to the trainee by ordering new resources on their behalf, the cost of which (including postage & handling) will be required to be reimbursed by the trainee to Care Education.