CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
Following are the career outcomes for CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- Aged Care Activity Worker
- Care Service Team Leader
- Care Supervisor (Ageing)
- Support worker
- Personal care worker
For more information on how to obtain a police check, please see our FAQ’s
Following are the entry requirements for CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- Good understanding of English
- School certificate or equivalent (Grade 10)
- 18 years of age
- Must have a valid USI
- Reading and Writing Skills (L) – ACSF Level 3/4
- Oral Communication skills (L) – ACSF Level 4
- Numeracy and Mathematics skills (N) – ACSF Level 3
15 core units plus
3 elective units, of which:
- At least 2 must come from the prescribed list.
- if not listed below, 1 unit may be from any currently endorsed Training Package at Certificate III level or above OR any accredited course at Certificate III level.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
HLTHPS006 Assist Clients with Medication
HLTHPS007 Administer and monitor medications
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
Note: Electives listed are what is usually offered by Care Education & Training Services, however, if these are not suitable for your target or current work then alternative electives are available. The list of alternative electives can be found at http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CHC43015.
The option for choosing alternative electives will be taken on a case by case basis as Care Education may not have the resources or staff available to train in your chosen unit. Please contact us directly if you would like to make changes.
To organise or discuss any aspects of your work placement, please contact our work placement coordinator on 0469 184 977.
For more information on organising your work placement, please see our FAQs
Blended – combination of face to face and distance learning (Sydney only)
Below are the details of the fee related to CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support is
$1600 if paid up front
- Please note that Care Education and Training services will not accept more than $1500 in prepaid fees from students. Therefore students who pay $1500 up front will be covered under our payment schedule agreement policy , however they will not be required to pay an installment fee.
$1650 if paid in installments (see course fee installment and payment schedule agreement policies in our Forms and Policies page for more information)
Please see administration fee table under policies and procedures for any additional administration fees that may be applicable to your study.
- Well written and easy to follow resources
- Air conditioned class rooms
- Practical sessions conducted in a simulated working environment using equipment associated with an Aged Care facility.
- Trainers who care very much about your studies and about you!
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
- CHC42015 Certificate IV in Community Services
- Other Certificate IV level programs from CHC Training Package
- Diploma level programs from the CHC Training Package